“I escaped to the refuge from a forced marriage. The bilingual staff understood my needs and supported my choices – finally, I was safe.”
We will give emotional and practical support to help you organise your life, putting a plan together with your support worker to set achievable goals to regain your confidence.
We can help by providing:
- A safe space to stay on a temporary basis for up to six months, or longer if needed
- Emotional and therapeutic support to overcome the abuse
- Support with housing, resettlement, setting up a new home and staying safe
- Support with finances and debt management
- Support for health issues such as drug and/or alcohol use
- Support to help children feel safe and positive as they overcome the abuse
- Language (if English is your second language), faith and culture support
- Support for disabilities (an additionally accessible suite available at Burnley)
- Access to legal support and support with court and criminal justice process
- Help to consider your future access to education, training and employment
- Any other individual or personal support needs you may have.
Our team is experienced, extensively trained and dedicated to tackling domestic abuse in all its forms. We work closely with partner agencies to achieve the best outcomes for you.