Fundraising and donations for SafeNet can be great fun and very rewarding. It can also be really empowering for survivors and those with friends and family affected by domestic abuse. The funds you raise will help us to continue providing life-saving and life-changing services to women and children escaping domestic abuse and other forms of gender-based violence.
However you choose to fundraise for us – from hosting a coffee morning, cake sale, pub quiz, to a raffle at your workplace, sponsored runs or walks, charity football matches or corporate events to bike rides– you will receive support and encouragement from our fundraising team to make your event a huge success.
Get in touch to tell us about your fundraising event firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome donations of new clothing, non-perishable food items, new toys, books, games, toiletries and other suitable new items suitable for women, children, teenagers arriving in refuge and also men (who we support in our male safe houses and outreach work).
We are specifically appealing for the following items as we regularly refresh these when a new family arrives in refuge:
- New Single Duvets (synthetic /anti-allergy types)
- New Pillows (Synthetic /anti-allergy types)
- Mattress Protectors – Single
- New Towels – Hand & Bath sheets
- New Single bedding sets – in neutral colours / patterns for ladies
- New Single Bedding sets for children
- Kitchenware -Pans , new cutlery sets, Utensils
- Ladies Pyjamas (all sizes)
- New Teddy Bears & Cuddly toys
- New packs ladies knickers (all sizes)
- Welcome food hamper ( non perishable foods)
- Toiletries for a welcome pack on arrival to refuge suitable for women, children- teenagers & babies too.
To arrange collection or a drop off point for donations please email email@example.com.
You can donate to Safenet at no extra cost to you.
When you use AmazonSmile to shop. Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases. Sign up now for an Amazon Smile account and you can support our services as you shop. (log in, search ‘SafeNet Domestic Abuse Support’ and continue shopping as usual).
Easyfundrasing is the UK’s biggest charity shopping site. It turns your everyday online shopping into free donations for your favourite cause. Just start your online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal. Retailers will then make a small donation to say “thank you”.
We also rely heavily on monetary donations .
Its quick and easy to make an online donation for any amount big or small to SafeNet using the JustGiving link below.
We are running this wish list for domestic abuse survivors across the North West.
Families escaping domestic abuse often arrive at our refuges with only the things they can carry. With your help, we are able to give them items and necessities to start their lives again.
A gift from you will help families start the journey to recovering from trauma and finding joy again.
Involve Your Company
Our corporate supporters help us change lives and make sure that victims and survivors, and their families, are made safe and given the right support to rebuild their lives.
Domestic abuse affects two million people a year and it’s estimated that it costs British businesses over £1.9 billion. It will be affecting the people your organisation cares about most – your staff, clients and customers.
Every partnership is different. Our fundraising team work closely with companies to build long term, tailored relationships.
Why partner with us:
- Cause-related marketing: speak out about domestic abuse and build your brand. Show your customers that you are a forward-thinking business that cares. Stand out from your competitors and champion a cause that some companies might shy away from and that is increasingly on the public agenda.
- Team building: fundraising is fun and boosts team spirit! Bring your team together to make a difference and meet your corporate social responsbility targets.
- Make a difference: over two million people in the UK experience domestic abuse every year. You can change lives and help us make sure that nobody has to deal with domestic abuse alone.
How you can help:
- Make us your charity of the year
- Make a donation
- Employee fundraising
- Add an optional £1 donation to a product or bill
- Gifts in kind – donate a venue space, product or prize for a charity auction, materials or professional services, advice
Contact us today
Talk to us about getting your company involved. Please contact us at @firstname.lastname@example.org