DOMESTIC ABUSE SERVICES - BURY
SafeNet Bury supports people who have experienced domestic abuse to find the right level of support they need to move towards a happier, healthier and more secure future.
Contact us today in confidence to discuss how we can help – you are not alone.
Community Outreach Support
IDVA services: High & Medium Risk
Safe 24 hour Refuge Accommodation
Confidential live chat – 7 Days a week
0300 3033 581 – 24hrs a day, 365 days a year
Our community Outreach Services in Bury offer confidential, emotional and practical support in the community, helping those experiencing domestic abuse to stay safe and receive professional support with housing-related issues. They can talk confidentially to one of our experienced domestic abuse support workers to find the right level of support needed to move towards a happier, healthier and more secure future.
0300 3033 581 – email@example.com
“I felt I was believed for the first time”
We deliver Community outreach services in the Bury area, along with access to other SafeNet services including refuges, safe houses, services for males victims and support for complex needs.
- Specialist support for Black and Ethnic minority families, forced marriage, honour-based violence and FGM
- Access to legal advice and support with the court process
- Support for adult women, men, children and younger people
- Safety planning and support to stay safe
- Emotional support, someone who will listen and believe you
- Support to manage your finances; income/debts/benefits etc
- Freedom Programme and Power2Change
- Services for male victims
- Recovery refuge for those with complex needs
- Support with housing, resettlement, setting up a new home and staying safe
- Support for health issues such as disability, mental health, substance misuse issues
- Support to help your children feel safe and positive
Our new Bury refuge is open 365 days a year to women and children who are at risk of or are escaping domestic abuse. We are staffed 24/7 to ensure we can respond effectively to emergency referrals to help those in crisis or in immediate need, and also to maintain security and safety for all our residents throughout the day and night.
We deliver IDVA services to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse on behalf of Bury’s Community Safety Partnership.
We provide support for those assessed at both high and medium risk. Both services, the high risk IDVA support and the medium risk domestic abuse outreach support, can be accessed by women and men in the Bury area who are currently or have previously experienced domestic abuse.
By integrating the delivery of both services, we can offer flexible support that can react in a timely way and provide continuity of support.
Support can be accessed in various ways to suit your needs. This includes face-to-face, telephone and also video call.
- 1-1 support
- Access to SafeNet group interventions
- Empowerment & self-esteem coaching
- Economic & mental health wellbeing
- Whole family safeguarding
- Crisis intervention
- Risk assessment
- Safety advice/ planning & support
- Referrals to refuges
- Emotional support
- Safe housing including crisis intervention
- Ongoing legal support