Our live chat service is available everyday during three dedicated time slots; 10am – 12pm, 2pm – 4pm and 8pm – 10pm
If you, or anyone who know, needs support or advice regarding all forms of domestic abuse, we are here for you. If you choose to use our live chat service to contact us, this is what you can expect:
- You will be speaking to a trained domestic abuse practitioner
- All chat users will be treated with respect and listened to empathically at all times
- The support worker will not push you to discuss/disclose any information you are not happy to share. We will support you to make your own decisions with advice from a specialist worker
- The chat will be confidential and any information shared will be kept secure
- With your consent, we will signpost or refer you to other agencies to ensure you are getting the support you need
- We are not an emergency service – if you are in immediate danger you should call 999
- If you leave the chat or lose connection, a new chat will start and this could be with a different support worker
- If it is preferred and it is safe to do so you can always chat to a support worker on the phone 0300 3033 581
- We can support users of chat to cover their tracks on the internet and discuss technology/device safety.
We are here to offer help and will not tolerate abusive or aggressive language in chat. Should this happen, we will end the chat and block the user.
If you have any feedback or questions, you can email email@example.com