We are currently appealing for local businesses, churches and schools to consider donating Harvest items to help support our residents in refuge.
Our refuges are a place of safety for people escaping domestic abuse, giving them hope for the future and a stepping-stone to a safer, more independent life.
Each year, we provide emergency, temporary accommodation and support services for more than 250 families with approximately 300 children.
Many families arrive at refuge without any personal belongings and often have to wait several days before they have access to any money.
During this time, we provides practical support, supplying food, toiletries and other essential provisions, the majority of which are kindly donated by local groups, schools and churches during their annual Harvest Appeal.
All donations are welcome, however, they are in particular need of the following:
- Tinned, packet or frozen foods, which can be stored for donations
- Fresh foods, such as fruit and vegetables
- Non-food products, especially toiletries and baby-care items
- Children’s underclothes, such as socks, vests etc
- Everyday household goods, cleaning products etc
To find out more or arrange a collection, please call 0300 303 3581 and state which area you are in.
Posted on 15th October 2019