Bury Independent Domestic Abuse Advisor (IDVA)
We deliver IDVA services to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse on behalf of Bury’s Community Safety Partnership.
We provide support for those assessed at both high and medium risk. Both services, the high risk IDVA support and the medium risk domestic abuse outreach support, can be accessed by women and men in the Bury area who are currently or have previously experienced domestic abuse.
By integrating the delivery of both services, we can offer flexible support that can react in a timely way and provide continuity of support.
Support can be accessed in various ways to suit your needs. This includes face-to-face, telephone and also video call.
The support we provide
- 1-1 support
- Access to SafeNet group interventions
- Empowerment & self-esteem coaching
- Economic & mental health wellbeing
- Whole family safeguarding
- Crisis intervention
- Risk assessment
- Safety advice/ planning & support
- Referrals to refuges
- Emotional support
- Safe housing including crisis intervention
- Ongoing legal support